Telephone System Features
Compare Telephone System features from 4 leading UK suppliers with Approved Index. Fill out one simple form to get 4 free, no-obligation quotes today.
Get Quotes for Business Telephone Systems
If your company is ‘making do’ with a shared phone line and an unreliable answering machine then it is definitely time to consider upgrading your Telephone System. Small businesses may be able to survive with a rudimentary Telephone System where a single handset is passed between employees, but if you are serious about growth and taking your company to the next level then an advanced Telephone System is a vital investment.
Many cynics will argue that modern Telephone Systems are far too complicated and incorporate features and add-ons that, despite being impressive gadgets, have minimal practical use in an office environment. It is true that not all companies will require every feature available on Modern Telephone Systems, but the key features of these systems really are useful tools that will aid the productivity of any business.
What features are available within Modern Telephone Systems?
Modern Telephone Systems offer all of the features that you would expect such as speakerphone, call transferring, music ‘on-hold’ and voicemail capabilities as well as more advanced features that will make you easier to reach and more able to organize your day.
- Automatic Call Forwarding is a setting on your phone that directs calls directly to your mobile or an alternative off-site office phone. If you are out of the office this means that you can cut out the middleman: your calls will be sent directly to you, wherever in the world you are.
- Auto-Attendant is a feature that allows you to record a voice menu that offers the caller a variety of options. They can choose to speak to different departments or specific individuals, focusing and directing their call to the appropriate part of the company. The Auto-Attendant acts as a receptionist and is therefore going to save you both time and money.
- Conference Call Features allow you to speak to multiple people all over the world. Easy and quick to set up, conference calls are the perfect way to keep in touch with everybody in the company at a moment’s notice. This way you never have to miss a beat.
- Music Whilst on Hold whilst the caller is waiting to speak to a member of your customer services or sales team they can listen to a soothing song or even a sales message. It’s a great way to keep your callers entertained, or even get them interested in a new product or service that you have on offer.
- Voice Mail is a feature we are all use to using in everyday life. For business this feature can be very useful when callers ring during out of office hours. Messages can be saved in one place and an employee or employees can go through these messages at a later date and deal with each customer enquiry. This feature also has the benefit of being used in conjunction with direct dial numbers, so if a specific employee is busy at the time of calling they can immediately call you back.
- Caller Identification or call ID is a simple tool that will identify calls from known or unknown numbers, which is a very useful feature in a busy work environment. With some systems you can transfer these unknown numbers into your contacts once you have established who the caller is. This makes it far more convenient to make calls with existing contacts.
- Mobile Extension is a clever and convenient feature that allows employees to forward on their internal telephone number to their work mobile phone. So when the employee is out of the office they can still receive phone calls from clients or other members of staff. Some systems allow the mobile user to forward calls to other members of staff back at the office; they can also make calls look like they are coming from the office as opposed to a mobile phone. Having a mobile extension is an excellent feature for a busy travelling sales team.
An expert Telephone Systems supplier will be able to advise you on what features suit your business. They will learn about your daily business day and assess what features will be key in getting the best out of your new Telephone System.
Are All Telephone System Features Relevant To My Business?
Some of these features may not be relevant to your business at this point in time, but the great news is, with many of the Telephone Systems available you can ‘add-on’ features as time goes on. You may therefore want to opt for a simpler package to begin with and then expand your options as certain elements become more relevant. However, it is worth checking whether your supplier can do this with your chosen system, and you should also bear in mind that it may be more expensive to ‘add-on’ rather than getting everything upfront.
Modern businesses have to be fluid organisms. Things change, grow and develop over time. If your business is looking to expand then you are in real danger of outgrowing your technology. Today is the time to invest in a Modern Telephone System for now, and for whatever the future brings.
Get Quotes for Business Telephone Systems