Establishing a budget for an email marketing campaign is not always easy, especially for those who are new to it. There are a number of factors which affect pricing, and every company offers different service packages at different prices in order to carve their own niche in the market. Fortunately, Approved Index can help by offering you the best quotes based on your needs. Read on to find out more about the different costs involved, or simply complete the form above to compare prices from top UK email marketing companies now.
Cost of Email Marketing
As mentioned, coming up with a budget for email marketing is not always easy. So rather than offering a list of prices, we will attempt to provide you with a set of factors - as well as some price estimates and averages - to consider when comparing prices and services from different email advertising agencies.
If you are starting out with email marketing, then there a few considerations to make first and foremost.
- Prices will vary. Different companies will offer different prices. Comparing and looking around can sometimes be the best way for you to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
- Ask questions. Asking questions is one of the best ways to ensure quality. A reputable email marketer will be able to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision.
Let Approved Index help you find the best Email Marketing Company for your business.
COMPARE PRICES NOW
Average Email Marketing Costs
Although it is not possible to give a definitive price for email marketing without having extra details, we can provide information about the usual prices you may encounter. If you’d like quote based on your personal needs, you should complete the form at the top of this page. Otherwise, see below for the prices you might expect to encounter:
- Database: £150
- Fulfilment: £150
- Management: £400
- Full email marketing campaign cost: £700
- Average price per contact: 14p
The average cost here is based on sending to around 5000 contacts. It’s important to remember that this is a representative figure based on the averages on this page. Some agencies will require a minimum number of contacts and prices may also vary between agencies for each service. Of course, you can also expect a different price if you do not employ all of the services listed.
As mentioned, the best way to work out your budget is to complete the form at the top of this page and receive quotes from top UK agencies.
Email Marketing Prices
The information above is based on sending to 5000 contacts, in the tables below we have estimated the cost of sending out larger scale email marketing camp. Although it is not possible to estimate this cost to an exact figure, it is possible to make some assumptions as to the prices you might encounter based on scaling the information shown above.
The table below estimates the total cost of an email marketing campaign targetting 10,000 recipients.
|Database||Provides a list of tailored recipients to send out to/||£300|
|Fulfilment||The actual sending process.||£300|
|Management||Analysis, design and expertise||£600|
|Total Cost for 10,000 emails:||£1200||12p per email|
As mentioned, the prices in this table are not 100% access, but they do offer some insight into the cost differences that can occur with higher volume campaigns. The table below offers more insight - a 20,000 email campaign is a huge undertaking, but fortunately you can hire external agencies to streamline the process and provide you with maximum profit.
|Database||Provides a list of tailored recipients to send out to/||£500|
|Fulfilment||The actual sending process.||£500|
|Management||Analysis, design and expertise||£800|
|Total Cost for 20,000 emails:||£1800||11p per email|
For a more accurate cost estimate, make sure to speak to as many email marketing agencies as possible. Complete the form at the top of this page to save up to 40% on your total costs.
Email Marketing Database Prices
Email Databases are vital to your marketing campaign and so factoring the cost of one is vitally important. For a one-off campaign, renting may be the best option. Alternatively, you can purchase the data outright if suitable. Doing so allows you to manipulate the data, using segmentation and tests to maximise your strategy’s effectiveness.
If you already have a database or email addresses for existing and prospective customers then you might just be looking for a company to send out your marketing emails.
If you need to rent or purchase a data list then you will need to find a suitable supplier. Email list prices are determined by a number of factors:
- B2B or B2C. Email data costs from around 3p to around 12p per contact and most companies have a minimum order of between £250 and £500. B2C is normally at the higher end of this price range as suppliers need to conform to strict standards.
- Number of uses. If you are just looking to conduct a one-off campaign then you can rent a single use list. This is the only option for B2C data, as companies need to comply with protection laws and industry best practices. B2B data providers will normally let you rent for a year or more, during which time you can send as many emails to their contacts as you wish. This sort of lease normally costs around 40% more than a one-off rental.
- Data quality. For both B2C and B2B you will want to check that the data you are obtaining is opt-in. For each, you can also specify from a number of criteria in order to purchase the best targeted email information for your industry type. Even when using a bulk email database it is possible to ensure the quality of the information you are using.
- Combined? Email list providers can usually ‘de-dupe’ the data they provide against your existing database to ensure you aren’t just duplicating your existing contacts.
- Any extras? Always find out exactly what is being offered. It might be that the company you are dealing with can help you at other stages in your campaign. Sometimes using the same company for a number of stages can lead to service discounts.
When you rent data, the supplier will often send out emails on your behalf using content that you supply to them. You will then only be able to interact and follow up with those clients that get in touch with your business. Buying the data outright will give you more options than renting, but it is also more expensive.
If you are interested in comparing rental and purchase quotes, simply click the link below and complete our quick form to receive free, no-obligation quotes from top UK providers.
Compare Email Marketing Costs Today and Save up to 40%.
COMPARE PRICES NOW
Email Marketing Fulfillment
Once you have an email marketing database, you’ll need a company or software to send out the emails. The pricing options with most email marketing companies resemble mobile phone tariffs in that you can normally choose between pay-as-you-go and contract.
With a contract you usually pay a set price per year for sending out a maximum number of emails through the service. With pay-as-you-go, you pay a monthly fee based on the number of emails you send. Whichever option you choose, there are factors to consider:
- Set-up fees. Some agencies will charge a one-off fee to begin using their service. After that you will pay on either a pay-or-you-go or contract basis. Set-up fees range from around £100 for low volume users to £1000 for larger companies.
- Variable or ad-hoc campaigning. If you regularly send out similar numbers of emails each month then a contact price plan can save you a lot of money. If your volumes changes, or if your database or prospects vary on a seasonal basis, a pay-as-you-go send type plan could be more cost effective. If there are months when you do not send any emails, be sure to check that this will not incur any charges.
- Number of emails and size of database. Some companies base price plans on a set number of emails each month while others allow unlimited emails to a fixed database of contact. Deciding which is more appropriate to you will depend on the type of customer you are contacting.
Typical prices range from 0.5p per email (for 50,000 emails per month on a contract, 0.7-1.0p per email for the same number per month pay-as-you go) to 3p per email (for 2,000 emails per month pay-as-you-go, compared to 2.5p per email for the same number per month on a contract).
Email Campaign Management
Most email marketing companies offer support services as well as data and fulfilment. This can include:
- Email software with data and analysis tools for monitoring response rates and conversions.
- Tools for designing emails and templates to speed the process up.
- Management for the whole process from start to finish.
Some email advertising agencies offer the software features as a part of a ‘premium’ subscription, which is either rolled into the monthly/annual price or included as part of the one-off set up fee. Full campaign management can usually be purchased for a set price per campaign - in the region of about £400 - or you can purchase elements separately. This does not usually include design or copywriting services; design of an HTML email will normally cost around £200, while a page of quality of sales copy is likely to cost around £250.
Compare Email Marketing Prices
If you are interested in purchasing any of the features mentioned on this page then the best option is to compare quotes from a number of top companies. Approved Index can help here.
Simply fill in the form at the top of this page to receive up to 4 free, no-obligation quotes from some of the UK’s best email marketing agencies.
Approved Index compare Email Marketing agencies to find the best fit for your business.
COMPARE PRICES NOW