Six Sigma training courses improve how employees comprehend and overcome problems. There are several layers within Six Sigma training, with Green Belt being the third, and most commonly completed, level.
Six Sigma Green Belt training comes in a variety of forms and equips employees with the knowledge and skills they need to understand and implement the pragmatic Six Sigma process into their everyday work. Six Sigma practitioners use DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control) or Lean problem solving theories to maximise customer satisfaction while saving time and money.
Looking to streamline your businesses processes and watch your profits grow?
What is the role of a Six Sigma Green Belt?
When the principles of Six Sigma are applied to a business project, that project is referred to as a Six Sigma project and every Six Sigma level will have a specific role to play in it. Roles are clearly defined so that the process will move forward faster and more efficiently with fewer errors.
Six Sigma Green Belts are best suited to individuals who spend time improving processes within their teams. They are trained to analyse problems related to quality and efficiency, and then tasked with solving them using lean or other methods.
A trained Six Sigma Green Belt holder can:
- Assist in gathering data and carrying out experiments in support of a Black Belt project
- Successfully deploy Six Sigma techniques needed for process improvement
Six Sigma Green Belt Training
Six Sigma Green Belt training courses have no prerequisites as they normally include Yellow Belt materials. The training course usually lasts for up to five days, but it can take up to three years to become fully qualified.
It provides several exercises and simulations to better demonstrate the different problem-solving methods and statistical tools associated with Six Sigma. To be a certified Green Belt, you’ll need to complete the training course, pass the exam and carry out your own improvement project.
What are the Benefits of Six Sigma Green Belt Training?
Undergoing Six Sigma Green Belt training will teach you to:
- Develop strategies that streamline and re-align your company
- Design and develop Six Sigma projects
- Successfully apply the DMAIC methodology to your work process
- Perform basic statistical analysis on process measurements
- Gain confidence in planning and executing projects
- Become familiar with root cause analysis
- Increase company profits
- Select the best statistical tools to implement in your projects
Green Belt Training Course Contents
A Green Belt training course will normally contain the following topics:
- Six Sigma Philosophy
- Using the DMAIC process to examine and improve processes, departments, products and services
- Statistical tools: variation, histograms, statistical process control
- The principle of DPMO (Defects Per Million Opportunities)
- Sigma levels
- Root cause analysis
Compared to Yellow Belt training, the Green Belt course is more focused on statistical tools, methods and techniques, which accounts for the longer session. In addition, it is significantly more expensive than the White Belt and Yellow Belt courses.GET YOUR FREE SIX SIGMA PRICES NOW
Who should complete Six Sigma Green Belt Training?
Six Sigma Green Belt training is recommended for:
Six Sigma Green Belt Training Courses
There are a number of training companies in the UK that offer Six Sigma Green Belt training courses certified by a range of widely recognised industry bodies such as the British Quality Foundation, BSI Group or Chartered Quality Institute.
Six Sigma Green Belt Courses focus on teaching the DMAIC cycle of process improvement, which bases problem solving techniques on sound statistical measurement and analysis. Candidates will learn how to lead a team in the implementation of Six Sigma projects and demonstrate the benefits of the process to others in their organisation.
Courses usually last up to 10 days and are typically split into two blocks of 5 days with an open book exam at the end.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Courses
Lean process methodologies are aimed at maximising value for customers whilst minimising overheads and waste – essentially streamlining your business into its leanest, most effective state and creating more value with fewer resources.
Lean Six Sigma incorporates Lean problem solving methods alongside DMAIC processes in order to eliminate process waste whilst also reducing lead times and improving speed.
Lean Six Sigma courses are often split into two levels:
- Lean Six Sigma Foundation Green Belt Courses: Last 4-5 days and teach the key principles of business improvement along with the techniques and tools required to lead the implementation of smaller Six Sigma projects.
- Lean Six Sigma Advanced Green Belt Courses: Last for 10 days and teach advanced statistical tools and methods for implementing larger projects and identifying and eliminating waste and variation.
Certification again takes the form of an open book or e-exam.
Green Belt Training Quotes
Approved Index provides a fast and free comparison of quotes for Six Sigma Green Belt training from several leading companies. Comparing multiple suppliers is the best way to ensure you’re getting the most suitable training course and certification for your industry at a competitive price.
Simply fill out the form above to receive up to 4 quotes from leading UK Six Sigma training companies.
Are you ready to start your Six Sigma Green Belt course?