Ecommerce web design is important for any business that wants to move online, whether they operate in the B2B or B2C environments. If you own or manage a business to business company, then you may want to create an online platform from which you can expand your sales operations, or promote your business to a new audience.
In either case, it is important that you approach this task carefully. Make sure you are fully aware of the features and considerations that are essential to the process, and plan ahead so that you can create a B2B ecommerce site that is as successful as it can be.
If you do not have direct experience in web design, then working with a professional web design agency is the best way to ensure that your B2B marketplace or platform is aesthetically and functionally impressive.
If you would like to know more about the practicalities of B2B website design then continue on down the page; however, if you would like start comparing agency quotes, you just need to complete the quick and easy form above.
Your B2B Ecommerce Platform
The definition of ecommerce is wide-reaching, and includes a number of operations and platforms. If you are interested in creating your own online B2B marketplace then it’s important that you have some understanding of the website creation and maintenance processes.
The design choices you make and the functionality you require will depend on various factors and there are several basic considerations that you should bear in mind:
- Industry & Competition. Certain industries require specific online functionality. Knowing what is common amongst your rivals could indicate what kind of ecommerce software and tools you need to implement.
- Functionality & Purpose. Is your site a sales tool? Is it for branding? Knowing whether you will be selling directly, or just advertising products and services will impact directly on the design implementations you consider or make. Bear in mind your audience too, as well as the ease with which these functionalities can be implemented.
- Design & Appearance. Website design is overlooked far too often, with many owners or managers assuming that a site will look fine without any planning. This is rarely the case. If you have a logo already, or some sort of company branding, then it’s likely you will want to use them, but you need to make sure it is done properly, in a way that does not ruin the feel of your B2B platform.
- Marketing. Once you have a complete site you need to maintain it and promote. There is a chance that your website will perform well just off the back of the initial publish, but more often than not you will need to put in further marketing effort. SEO is essential, and things like email marketing can be the difference between successful months and bad ones.
A Unique B2B Ecommerce Platform
Many businesses make the mistake of assuming that a completely unique website that works in a completely different way to any other will be a success story. If you are planning on creating one of these unique sites, think about it again. Ask yourself why no one else has done it.
Standing out in a busy marketplace is always great, if you can do it, but trying out unique, untested methods is probably not the best way to go.
If all of your competitors share a certain functionality or design feature, then the chances are that you should too - it’s rarely a coincidence when the same design idea appears across a range of sites. Indeed, this usually indicates that that feature works - take this to be best practice and reuse this feature and functionality on your own B2B platform.
Maintaining a B2B Marketplace
Website maintenance requires several services and features, which are present regardless of whether you work in B2B or B2C. Something like website hosting, for example, is utterly essential to the success and day-to-day running of your site - indeed, without a sufficient hosting service, your site will not function at all.
Aside from the essential services, there are several other tools and features that you will require to bear in mind.
- Shopping Cart Software. If you are selling products or services over your site, then you need a function or system to facilitate sales.
- Transaction Services. Having a way for your customers to pay is obviously vital. There are some ways to set these up using companies like PayPal and Google, but this won’t always be suitable. Looking into your payment gateway options is the best way to ensure a successful transaction process is implemented.
- Problem Solving and Content Creation. If you don’t know much about web maintenance, then it may be worth keeping a web designer or agency handy to help out if things go wrong. Sometimes your site will struck by a problem that isn’t easy to fix, and in these situations you will want professional help. Likewise, if you want content or functionality implemented after the initial design and publish, then you may need to look for help from professionals. It’s not always necessary to have someone working for you full time, but it is worth remembering that, on some occasions, you might need to get help from trained experts.
Compare B2B Ecommerce Website Design Quotes
If you want to create a B2B Ecommerce Platform then you are probably looking to compare your options. Getting quotes from as many agencies as possible is the best way to ensure that you find the service and prices most suitable to your situation.
Some companies will specialise in certain areas, and others will be able to provide you with tailored, expert advice. Weighing up these options and considerations is essential to ensuring that you get a B2B website that you can be proud of.
Approved Index can help you to find the best website designers and developers possible. Whether you are creating your first site, or your hundredth, we can help.
To save on your new B2B ecommerce website quote, simply complete the quick and easy form at the top of this page.
Let Approved Index help you find the best Ecommerce Web Designer for your business.