A corporate event is a great way for a business to share new information, introduce key business strategies to its employees, launch a new product or simply reward employees and business partners. If the task of planning your company’s corporate event has been given to you, just keep in mind that your goal is to make the event an enjoyable and memorable one for everyone. You also have to make sure that it delivers the message your company would like to deliver.
Planning the Event
When it comes to planning a corporate event, knowing where to start can feel a bit daunting—you certainly don’t want to end up running around like a headless chicken.
First, you have to make sure you have the brief for the event right — find out the reason for the event, what its goals are, when it’s going to be held and who will be participating. The more information you can get at the beginning, the easier it will be to plan the event.
Once you have the basic information, here are the steps you can take:
- Come up with a concept that’s appropriate for the purpose of the event. Make a to-do list set against a timeline to make sure that you get everything done on time.
- Set a preliminary budget by determining how much you can spend on food, venue, entertainment, invitations and others.
- Choose your venue. Make sure to personally check out prospective venues and discuss your concept with the proprietors, as well as the number of guests to make sure that they know what sort of facilities and technical support you will need.
- Once you have decided on your venue, you can take care of other aspects of the event. You can start with choosing the right caterer and determining the menu.
- Prepare the decorations that you’ll need in keeping with the theme for the event.
- Create and send your invitations through traditional mail or email.
- Check and double check your list the week before, the day before and the actual day to ensure you haven’t forgotten anything and that everything is in order.
Remember that the event and you, as the organiser, are there to represent your company. Make sure that whatever activities you have planned for the event will present your company in a good light.
Here are some things you might want to include in your event, depending on its goals:
- An informative video about your company’s goals and objectives
- Specifically designed entertainment segments that will help deliver the message of the event
- Motivational and inspirational speakers to start the event
The Perfect Event
Depending on how big the event and your budget are, you can choose to either plan and organise it yourself or hire an event management agency to do it for you. Doing it by yourself will obviously take up a lot of your time and energy whereas hiring an agency means you can relax and leave the bulk of the work in someone else’s capable hands.
Whichever route you take, as long as you have a clear set of objectives and a timetable and budget that you stick to, there’s no reason why your corporate event shouldn’t turn out to be a success and a feather in your and your company’s cap.
Organising a corporate event can be a stressful, time consuming job. Whether you're planning an awards ceremony, a product launch or just the annual Christmas bash, a corporate event is an exhibition of your company and you want the peace of mind that it will go off without a hitch. A professional corporate events management company is the best solution, allowing you to get on with your job without having to juggle events organising at the same time.
Approved Corporate Events offers quotes from top event management companies in the UK, who provide the following services and more:
- Corporate Event Planning
- Corporate Entertainment
- Client Hospitality
- Exhibitions and Conferences
- Product launches
- Charity Event Management
Start by submitting your outline requirements from our simple enquiry form to receive free no obligation quotes from 4 leading Corporate Event Management companies in the UK. It's as simple as that.
Let Approved Index help you find a top Event Management company.
COMPARE PRICES NOW