Shell Fuel Cards have been around for over 50 years, so it isn’t surprising that their offering includes several refinements. The special selling point of the Shell offering is their network, one of the largest networks in the world.
Why you should consider Shell Fuel Cards
If you need access to a huge global network then the Shell Fuel Card is certainly worth considering. Even if you need only a part of the network, the card provides many useful benefits that could be appropriate to your business needs.
With weekly pricing you will know exactly what your fuel costs will be in advance and with both kinds of cards there is the opportunity to benefit from discounted pricing.
Access to the Shell FuelSave Partner is an additional benefit that offers on average a reduction in fuel costs of 7 percent. This is a substantial saving for many businesses.
There are two different Shell fuel cards: the euroShell Fleet Fuel Card for Cars and Vans and the euroShell CRT Fuel Card for Trucks and Coaches. First we will describe the main features that underpin both of these cards and then examine their differences.
The Shell Fuel Card Network
As we have already stated, the Shell network is one of the largest fuel networks in the world. Across the globe there are over 40,000 Shell forecourts along with another 10,000 partner filling stations.
All cards can be tailored for any kind of network coverage, including local, national and international.
The euroShell Fleet Fuel Card for Cars and Vans
The Shell Multi Fleet Fuel Card is tailored for businesses that use cars and/or vans. The card provides the following benefits:
- Access to all or a specified part of the Shell network and extended partner network depending on requirements
- Discounted pricing
- Simple and cost effective administration
- Continual access to Shell Card Online, a fuel card management tool that includes features such as fuel consumption monitoring, ordering and blocking cards and reporting
- Security alerts should the card be misused
- Card can be used for a range of purchases including bridge, tunnel and road tolls, lubricants, food and vehicle spares.
- VAT compliant invoicing approved by HMRC
Costs: While card fees vary according to user requirements, typically it costs £15 to set up an account plus a charge of £1.00 per month per card. There are additional charges if paper invoices are requested.
The euroShell CRT Fuel Card for Trucks and Coaches
The Shell CRT Fuel Card is tailored for businesses that use trucks and/or coaches. The discount diesel fuel card is ideal for HGV, LCV and PSV fleets. The card provides the following benefits:
- Access to a truck oriented network – this includes one of the largest networks in Europe which includes over 2,500 sites that are specifically for trucks. Specialist truck facilities include: HGV lanes, secure parking, fast pumps, high canopies, AdBlue packs and driver facilities.
- Pricing of diesel fuel is set weekly across the network
- The network includes differentiated discount groups allowing customers to select filling stations that provide the largest discounts
- Flexibility to choose national or international networks and exclusively Shell stations or a combination of Shell and partner stations
- European breakdown cover
- Truck cleaning services at selected sites
- High level of security including card usage monitoring
- Card can be used for a range of purchases including bridge, tunnel and road tolls, ferry services, lubricants, food, and vehicle spares.
- VAT compliant invoicing approved by HMRC
Costs: Card fees vary according to user requirements. Typically it costs £15 to set up an account plus a charge of £1.00 per month per card. There are added charges if paper invoices are requested.
Shell FuelSave Partner
The Shell FuelSave Partner is a commercial road transport fuel management solution designed to improve fleet performance. It provides reports that link fuel card purchases with vehicle and driver data identifying where cost savings can potentially be made. It also provides each of your drivers with specific advice on improving their individual driving styles.
There is a small installation charge and annual subscription. It is available to all businesses that use Shell fuel cards. Shell states that the average saving is 7% of fuel costs.
Compare Shell Fuel Card Quotes
If you’re interested in finding out more about Shell Fuel Cards, would like a free quote or to compare a range of fuel card quotes from different suppliers tailored for your requirements, then fill out our quick form and receive free no-obligation Fuel Card quotes.
Compare Fuel Card prices with help from Approved Index.