All fuel cards have the potential to save businesses and fleets money as well as providing other benefits. It is a competitive market, so each brand has attempted to differentiate itself from the competition resulting in subtle differences between their various offerings.
If you wish to make the most from your fuel cards you should select the one that is most appropriate for your specific business model. Here we will take a close look at Texaco Fuel Cards and the type of businesses that can benefit most from them.
Texaco offer two kinds of fuel cards: Texaco the Business Card and Texaco Fastfuel Fuel Card.
Why you should consider Texaco Fuel Cards
For small businesses, Texaco the Business card offers a simple solution with convenient billing plus a month’s interest free credit.
If you are looking for a flexible fuel card solution for your fleet of cars, vans or LGVs, the Texaco Fastfuel fuel card has several advantages. It is the largest network in the UK with good coverage of all regions. It is also the only network to offer clear fixed wholesale pricing.
Billing is simple and the VAT invoices are approved by HMRC. The ability to manage accounts online with 24 hour access is also a useful facility for many businesses.
Security is also an important consideration. As the card can be allocated to specific vehicles or drivers there is a reduced risk of fraudulent transactions. Additionally, potentially fraudulent and unauthorised transactions can be quickly identified and action taken.
Texaco the Business Card
This fuel card is designed for smaller businesses. It is an easy solution that allows users to refuel at around 2,000 filling stations which include the Texaco and BP networks, pay the current pump-price for the fuel on the card and settle your account at the end of the month.
The main advantages to small businesses are:
- There are no fees for using the card and no deposit is required
- There are no minimum usage restrictions
- The card provides one month's interest free credit
- Monthly invoices detail all transactions
- Reduced paperwork and easy VAT reporting
- Can be multiple-user
- Can include car wash and purchase of goods
- Additional benefits include Texaco Loyalty Points and a 35% discount on AA breakdown services
Cost: a surcharge of £0.01 per litre of fuel plus VAT when used at BP stations.
Texaco Fastfuel Fuel Card
The Texaco Fastfuel fuel card is designed for large and small fleets that travel in the UK and can be used by cars, vans and large goods vehicles (LGVs) at a network of 2,300 filling stations.
- The largest UK network which includes all Texaco and Morrisons service stations
- Good coverage throughout the UK
- Weekly or monthly VAT invoices showing all transactions grouped by vehicle registration or card number
- Cards are embossed with your company name and vehicle registration or driver name
- Other reporting formats can be provided on request
- Can be used for fuel, lubricants and car wash
- Competitive petrol and diesel fuel pricing based on wholesale prices fixed on a weekly basis
- Online account management
- No deposit required and no joining fees
- 3 weeks interest free credit
The Ecopoint option allows members to benefit from carbon offsetting for a monthly charge of £0.80 per card.
Compare Texaco Fuel Card Quotes
If you’re interested in finding out more about Texaco Fuel Cards, would like a free quote or to compare a range of fuel card quotes from different suppliers tailored for your requirements, then fill out our quick form and receive free no-obligation Fuel Card quotes.
Let Approved Index help you compare Fuel Card quotes.