First Data has been providing card processing services in the UK for 20 years and the company offers a comprehensive range of payment processing solutions that are suitable for small, medium and large businesses.
With First Data you can accept credit card payments, from Visa, MasterCard and American Express and debit card payments. The company provides secure and reliable card acceptance with proven leading uptimes and high capacity.
With a First Data Merchant Account you can accept payments that are made via chip and pin (PDQ) terminals, over the phone, by mail order, and online.
Comparing quotes with Approved Index is free, quick and easy, and it could save you as much as 40%.
Compare merchant account providers and secure one today
First Data Merchant Solutions provide a range of terminals for securely accepting credit and debit card payments. These are:
- Countertop terminals for chip and PIN transactions
- Portable terminals which are Bluetooth enabled for taking payments within 100 metres of an access point
- Mobile terminals for taking payments using GPRS with single network or multi-network access
- Virtual terminals which can be used on any Internet enabled computer and the best solution for mail and telephone orders.
With the First Data app and card reader branded Pogo you can accept card payments virtually over a web-enabled smartphone or tablet.
The First Data e-Commerce Payment Gateway provides two options for taking card payments online.
First Data hosted payment page
Customers can enter their credit card details and complete the purchase. Merchants may brand the payment page with their own logo. The system is easy to set up and all major credit and debit card are accepted. The system uses 3D Secure authentication to reduce exposure to fraud. Shopping carts can be added to the hosted payment page.
API merchants can integrate the gateway with their own website enabling them to capture card details without customers leaving the website. This is the preferred solution for high volume businesses.
Additional Benefits Include:
- Data Vault – with PCI DSS compliant card details storage which can enable one-click payments.
- Recurring Payments and subscriptions.
- Fraud prevention and authentication tools.
- Back office tools for online administration, reporting, management and reconciliation.
- Dynamic currency conversion allowing merchants to accept payments in ten major currencies. This is an optional extra with associated charges, though it can produce added revenue through conversion fees.
First Data offers merchant cash advance based on future credit card payments. Repayments are made by charging a fixed percentage on daily card processing settlements.
Mobile top up can be offered to your customers via your payment terminal to swipe their phone cards or with e-vouchers.
There is a gateway setup fee for small businesses which depends on business size plus a monthly fee of £15 which includes 500 online payments. The fees for extra transactions are variable and depend on transaction volume.
The Pogo smartphone solution costs £49.99 to set up and transaction fees are charged at 2.75% of the transaction value.
Payments should reach your business bank account within 3 to 5 days.
Reasons for Selecting First Data
First Data merchant services are simple and easy to implement. The product range is extensive and there are options for businesses of all sizes.
With 500 payments included in the £15 a week standing charge, it is a cost efficient solution for small businesses.
If you would like to learn more about First Data Merchant Services and whether it could be a good solution for your business, simply fill in the quote form and we will get back to you today with free no-obligation quotes and more information tailored to your business needs.COMPARE PRICES