Realex Payments was founded in 2000 in Ireland and has grown rapidly and expanded into the UK and France. With offices in Dublin, London and Paris, further expansion overseas is planned. Currently it employs a staff of 160 and processes over €20 billion a year.
It provides a payment gateway service for e-commerce websites and MOTO payments through a virtual terminal. There are also value added options including secure storage or customer credit and debit card details and advanced fraud protection services.
If you are interested in finding out more about Realex Payments merchant accounts then simply continue reading the content on this page. If, however, you would like to start comparing prices and quotes today, just fill in the form at the top of this page.
Comparing quotes with Approved Index is free, quick and easy, and it could save you as much as 40%.
Looking for a payment gateway provider? Look no further!
Realex boasts a customer base of over 12,000 clients ranging from sole traders to major corporations. Big name brands include, Not on the High Street, Party Poker, Paddy Power, Vodafone, Aviva Insurance, Aer Lingus, and Virgin Atlantic.
Realex Payment Gateway
The Realex Payment Gateway provides a comprehensive payment solution. It includes: online payment processing; a virtual terminal for MOTO payment processing; secure card details storage; support for most major shopping carts; plus a choice of payment integration models.
To use the service, Realex merchants will need a merchant account with one of Realex acquiring bank partners. These are:
- Elavon Merchant Services
- First Data
- Lloyds TSB Cardnet
- BNL Positivity
- BNP Paribas
- EMS Card
- Societe Generale
- AIB Merchant Services
- Citibank India
Realex provides two integration models. These are:
- Redirect Integration - this is a hosted solution and has the advantage the merchant doesn’t need full PCI compliance. On checkout customers are redirected to the payment page on Realex servers. These are provided as a customisable template to which the merchant can add its own branding. Realex collects the card details and processes the payment. The results of the authorisation request are returned to the customer and the merchant.
- Remote Integration – for this the merchant needs a secure server and DCI compliance. The merchant collects card details and transmits them to the Realex Payments where they are authorised. That Realex is processing the payment is invisible to the customer who never leaves the merchant’s website. Realex aims to make full integration as easy as possible and provides sample code in various languages to help developers implement the system quickly.
Additional services include:
- Real Vault service for the storage of customer card details in safe PCI compliant environment. This gives merchant flexibility to process recurring payments without the need for PCI DSS compliance.
- Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) gives customers the option of paying in their own currency. One advantage is that they understand exactly how much they are paying. The merchant also receives part of the currency conversion tariff.
- Multi-channel processing and multi-currency processing (MCP) which allows merchants to provide pricing information in multiple currencies.
- DCC and real time fraud scoring using a Realex developed process.
The Realex payment gateway solution starts at £19 a month and includes 350 transactions with additional transactions charged at £0.09 a transaction. It includes MOTO processing, 3D secure, Fraud Scoring, and CVN fraud protection.
If you wish to include PayPal transactions, there is an extra charge of £5.00 a month which includes 50 transactions with each extra transaction charged at £0.09.
The Realex payment gateway is an easily implemented card processing system that includes MOTO. There are a number of options, and the pricing is competitive. It is necessary for the merchant to have a merchant account in one of the Realex acquiring bank partners.
If you would like to explore further whether Realex is the best solution for your business, then simply complete the quick quote form and we will get back to you today with free no-obligation quotes and information tailored to your business needs.COMPARE PRICES