Office printers are essential to the operation of most businesses - whatever size or type of industry you work in, you will probably need access to one. Indeed, even as laptops and computers continue to dominate the business world, printing remains a daily requirement in most office spaces.
Unlike with home printers, office machines need to be able work at a high level of output; it is important that they can hold large volumes of paper and ink, and it is essential that they can run for extended periods of time without the risk of damage.
If your office requires a printer, then the information on this page should help you to understand what requirements you will need to remember; it will also help you to understand the range of options that are available.
Continue reading to find out more or, if you want to compare printer quotes straight away, just fill in the form at the top of this page.
Comparing printer quotes with Approved Index is free, quick and easy, and it could save your business as much as 40%.
Top 5 Office Printers
With so many brands to choose between and with so many office printers on the market, it can be difficult to choose the one that’s best for you. This section has been created to provide an impartial comparison of some of the top models available.
|Workforce Pro WF-R8590 DTWFC||Epson||Large||£1291||★★★★★|
The table above includes the top selections from the sections below; so if you want to compare the best small, medium and large office printers separately, just continue down the page now.
Best Small Office Printers
Small offices have different requirements to medium and large ones. This will generally mean that a small office printer will be smaller, with less paper and ink storage - it will also not need to run as often - or for as long - as medium or larger ones.
While small office printers will not be required to operate to the same volume as some of the other options on this page, they will still need to provide a high quality of printed material.
The table below compares three top small office printers.
The table above compares small office printers from three of the best brands in the market. Continue to the sections below to compare medium and large printer options.
Best Medium Office Printers
Medium offices will normally have a larger number of staff than those in the section above. They will need to be able to print in higher volumes whilst ensuring that quality does not suffer when a large job is completed.
Additionally, a medium office printer will be required to offer more advanced functionality that may not be available on smaller machines.
|Workforce Pro WF-5690DWF||Epson||Medium||£442||★★★★|
|Color LaserJet Pro M277dw||HP||Medium||£258||★★★★|
The medium office printers included in the table above should be suitable for the majority office spaces; indeed, unless you need to print in huge quantities, then these options should be more than good enough for your business.
Best Large Office Printers
Large offices will normally have a much larger need for printed resources. A larger business will, therefore, often need to pay more than others to ensure that the quality and function of their machine is as good as possible.
This section includes a comparison of three of the best large office printers; these machines provide excellent volume and quality, and will allow you staff to print as much as is required in a sophisticated way.
|Workforce Pro WF-R8590 DTWFC||Epson||Large||£1291||★★★★★|
|ImageRUNNER ADVANCE C5235i>||Canon||Large||£2711||★★★★|
|PageWide Enterprise Color Flow MFP 586z||HP||Large||£2182||★★★★|
The sections above contain a number of options for a variety of business types and sizes; to find the most suitable printer for your business though, you should speak to suppliers today - Approved Index can help here.
Complete the form at the top of the page to compare quotes today and find the perfect printer.
Office Printer Benefits
Some of the benefits of an office printer have already been included in the sections above, but there are many more to consider.
The alternative to using an in-house office printer is outsourcing this process, the list below includes some of the benefits of keeping this function internal.
- Costs - In-house printing using a machine that you own is by far the cheapest way to print materials. Except in very specific circumstances, your business will save money with an in-house printer.
- Efficiency - Rather than having to go to an external company for simple printing jobs, you just need to send the job directly to the machine.
- Quality - All of the printers included on this page provide your business with the highest quality of printing, without compromising on any aspect. Owning your own printer allows you to ensure that this is always the case.
Of course, there are several more benefits that come with owning a printer for office use. To find out more today, just fill in the form at the top of the page and speak to a supplier.
Office Printer Features
Office printers come in a range of forms and offer a number of features, depending on the model you choose.
The features included with your printer are important, and it is important that you understand what kind of functionality you require before you select a brand or model. The list below includes some of the common features that you might expect, as well as a few less common, advanced features.
- Black & White or Colour - Not all printers can work with colour - if you know that you will need this functionality then you will need to include it in your specifications.
- Multiple Copies - Although it is a common function for printers, some do not allow users to print more than one copy of a document at a time. Most businesses will require this functionality, and should only opt for a machine that offers it.
- Stapling & Binding - This is a far less common option, and most businesses will not opt for it. Sometimes though, a business will need this often enough to warrant paying extra for the function.
- Email and USB Printing - An office printer will generally be connected to the same network as the computers, but this is not always the case. In some offices, only a single user will have access. Some printers though, offer far more advanced functions, allowing users to print directly from a USB stick or from an email.
The more you pay for a printer, in general, the more functions you will have access to. Determine what you need and then complete the form at the top of the page to find the best machine for your business today.
Compare Office Printers Today
The information on this page has been designed to provide small, medium and large offices with insight into what sort of machine will be best. There are bound to be more considerations though than those that have been included on this page.
The best way to find the best office printer, and supplier, is to speak to as many as possible today - Approved Index can help here.
Comparing office printer quotes with Approved Index is free, quick and easy, and it could save your business as much as 40%.