While it may be of little concern to the marketing department of a large organisation, leaflet printing can constitute a large portion of the marketing budget of a small business. It’s therefore wise to shop around when looking for a printing company for your leaflets to ensure the best possible trade off between quality and cost.
Whether you’re providing your own design or looking for a company that can both design and print your leaflets, Approved Index can make comparing printing prices easy.
Use our free quotes service today to save time and money.
Leaflet and Flyer Print Options
Size is of primary consideration when choosing what kind of leaflet or flyer to go for. There are several standard sizes of leaflet available which fall into two main categories: flat and folded.
Common sizes are:
- A4 (210 x 297mm) – standard copier paper size. Useful as a large letter insert.
- A5 (148 x 210mm) – half of A4. Useful for a small letter insert or handbill.
- A6 (105 x 148mm) – half again. About postcard size.
- A7 (74 x 105mm) – half again. A bit bigger than a business card.
- DL (99 x 201mm) – a third of an A4 sheet. Typical for price lists, takeaway menus and folded leaflets.
These are usually described by their size before folding i.e.
- A3 (297 x 420mm) – twice the size of A4. Can be folded into a 4-page A4 leaflet, a 6-panel leaflet or map-style for 12 panels.
- A4 (210 x 297mm) – can be folded in half to create a 4-page A5 leaflet or the ‘tri-fold’ offers 6 DL sized panels.
- A5 (148 x 210mm) – usually folded in half for a 4-page A6 leaflet.
Of course custom sizes and fold options are available but these will usually cost extra.
Flyer and Leaflet Printing Tips
Here are a few points to bear in mind when commissioning printed flyers or leaflets:
- Use colour – the cost of full colour printing is now comparable with that of single colour or B&W printing. Colour makes your leaflets way more eye-catching and effective as marketing tools.
- Use high quality images – if you’re using photography in your leaflet design make sure it’s of professional quality.
- Proofread thoroughly – sending your designs off to the printers with typos and grammatical errors can be very costly. Proofread everything carefully – even if it’s been provided by a professional designer.
Get Quotes for Leaflet Printing
Over a number of years Approved Index has put together a UK wide directory of quality print companies.
Use our free service to request quotes for flyer and leaflet printing in your area today and save time and money.
Let Approved Index help you find the best Leaflet Printing Company for your business.
COMPARE PRICES NOW