Many companies are now choosing to provide Six Sigma training for their employees. This is not surprising at all, considering that Six Sigma’s ultimate goal is to improve business efficiency and productivity and consequently maximise the bottom line.
Six Sigma’s unique approach to training employees as individuals who will then implement its principles on the business workflow has garnered praise from many businesses who have benefitted from it.
Interested in how Six Sigma can help streamline your business?
COMPARE PRICES NOW
What is the role of a Six Sigma White Belt?
Six Sigma has different levels - White Belt, Yellow Belt, Green Belt, Black Belt and Master Black Belt. Each level has its own role in a Six Sigma project and each encourages progressively refined processes that make task completion fast, high-quality and efficient.
The White Belt is the lowest and most basic level of all Six Sigma belts. It is primarily an introductory level that can be used to solve small, pre-existing issues in workflow processes that do not require the assemblage of a dedicated Six Sigma project team.
A trained Six Sigma White Belt holder will:
- Possess an understanding of the history and rationale Six Sigma processes
- Understand the basic structure of a Six Sigma project
- Have an understanding of Customer Voices
- Be able to use DMAIC Processes (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
- Improve customer satisfaction through process waste minimisation
Six Sigma White Belt Training
Six Sigma White Belt training courses establish a foothold in the Six Sigma methodology and aim to provide you with the fundamentals, such as the definition, history, and organisation of Six Sigma. You can expect these beginner courses to also deliver a sound understanding of who is responsible for implementing these processes within an organisation.
A Six Sigma White Belt course is ideal for candidates with little or no experience of the Six Sigma methodology as it offers an overview and acts a platform from which you can go on and attain Six Sigma Yellow Belt status.
What are the Benefits of Six Sigma White Belt Training?
Taking part in Six Sigma White Belt training will teach you to:
- The founding principles of Six Sigma
- Use basic analytical and statistical tools to measure processes and success
- Ask the right kind of questions to when undertaking a Six Sigma project
- Work effectively within a team regardless of how big or small your role is
White Belt Training Course Contents
Six Sigma White Belt courses are not particularly long, acting more as an introduction to Six Sigma than a fully certified workshop. These course usually last for a few hours and can be completed in teams at your company premises, externally at a dedicated training centre or can also be undertaken online. It is not unusual for Six Sigma White Belt training to be completed in a single session that lasts between 1-4 hours.
When completing a Six Sigma White Belt course, you can expect to go over the following:
- Six Sigma introduction and history
- The benefits of Six Sigma
- The different roles of Six Sigma belts
- Using the DMAIC methodology
- Calculating variation and Sigma levels
- Six Sigma terminologies (KPIV, KPOV, SIPOC, etc)
- The role cause and effect play in everyday processes
Who should complete Six Sigma White Belt Training?
Six Sigma White Belt courses are the ideal foundation for the following people:
- Business leaders thinking about applying Six Sigma processes to their team
- Managers looking to make significant improvements to productivity and performance
- Individuals seeking a better understanding of the foundations of Six Sigma
Six Sigma White Belt Training Courses
Six Sigma White Belt Training courses can be completed in a matter of hours and provide a practical overview of Six Sigma processes. Many people who complete a White Belt course go on to complete the higher level Six Sigma belts, particularly Yellow and Green belts.
White Belt Training Quotes
By completing the form at the top of the page, you can receive free, no obligation quotes from leading UK course suppliers.
Start your Six Sigma White Belt course today!
COMPARE PRICES NOW