If you’re in a pinch and need some temporary additional storage space, need to store goods prior to shipping or even need some extra workspace that isn’t fixed and permanent, used containers can provide the ideal solution. As versatile and durable as, well, a reinforced steel box, used containers can be adapted to a wide variety of uses in almost any kind of environment. With a large number of suppliers operating throughout the country, used containers are also remarkably easy to get hold of – as long as you know what you’re looking for and where to look.
Used Storage Containers: The Basics
Used containers are ex-shipping containers. They consist of a steel box measuring 8 feet in width, 8 feet 6 inches in height and 8/10/20/30/40/45ft in length. ‘High Cube’ used containers are also available with an extra foot of height. There are usually sets of double, multi-bar locking doors at one or both ends and addition doors can be added in the middle.
Uses for Reconditioned Containers
Such is their adaptability that second hand containers can be put to almost unlimited use. These include the usual storage of dry goods as well as foodstuffs, chemicals or even IT equipment. They can also be readily converted into buildings of all types - most usually offices but also changing rooms, tack rooms, smoking shelters and security huts.
Additional Features of Storage Containers
Obviously some uses require specific types of used container or conversions. The following are all available from used container suppliers:
- Refrigerated Containers capable of maintaining temperatures between -20C and +20C. These have less interior storage space to allow for the refrigeration equipment
- Chemical stores with anti-slip, anti-spark coatings, enhanced ventilation and bund floors to prevent leaks and spillages
- Anti-condensation coating prevents ambient moisture dripping from the ceiling onto dry goods
- Heavy duty locks and lockboxes prevent thieves and vandals breaking in with cutting or grinding tools
- Windows and doors can be placed almost anywhere
- Insulation and lining turn a steel box into a workspace
- Shipping ready containers which still have valid plates can be used for shipping goods
- Open top or curtain sided containers are readily available
- Twist locks allow containers to be stacked one on top of the other
- Custom paintwork helps containers blend into their environment
Quotes for Used StorageContainers
Approved Index provides a quick and easy way to compare quotes from leading suppliers of Used Containers in the UK.
Just fill out one simple enquiry form to receive free, no-obligation quotes from up to 4 leading Used Container suppliers today.
Let Approved Index help you find Used Container prices.
COMPARE PRICES NOW