VoIP telephone systems are the preferred choice for most UK businesses. Because of this, there are a large number of providers offering a wide range of VoIP products and services. But with so many suppliers available, how do you choose?
It’s important for business owners to compare features and benefits to select the company most suitable to their needs. This page aims to make your UK VoIP providers comparison easier.
A number of factors will influence your decision; cost, features, products and installation are all considerations that need to be remembered by any business owner looking to install a new telephone system. Comparing the key details between each of the top business VoIP providers in the UK is one of the best ways to make up your mind.
The table below gives a brief comparison of 12 of the best UK business VoIP providers on the market*.
More detailed information about each business VoIP provider and the features they offer is given below.
|1999||Experts in working with small businesses and excellent software support packages available.||4Com Review|
|2009||Provides an extensive range of fixed and mobile telephony capabilities, all accessible from an easy-to-use web portal.||Lily Review|
|1987||Experts in integration with various business applications.||8x8 Review|
|2001||Offers a wide range of plans to suit a range of businesses.||Vonage Review|
|1999||One of the most popular suppliers for small and large businesses.||RingCentral Review|
|2002||Offer Unified Communications from Vodafone's One Net- the first product to bring together fixed and mobile networks- but with better customer service.||Rock Review|
|2004||Allows you to configure communication systems from any web browser.||Sipgate Review|
|1972||Offices, users and features can all easily be added to grow and customize your communications system.||Mitel Review|
|2011||100% cloud-based and requires no installation or engineer visits.||bOnline Review|
|1981||Maintenance and upgrades to BT Cloud Voice for Business are automatic, without the need for costly and disruptive on-site visits.||BT Review|
|2010||Open source solution that offers unique features and capability.||Teliqo Review|
|2007||Uses IP Centrex technology to excellent effect.||NFON Review|
*Research conducted May 2018
To find out more about UK VoIP providers, simply continue on down the page. If you want to use your requirements to start comparing quotes today though, just complete the form at the top of this page.
Comparing quotes with Approved Index only takes a minute and it could save you a great deal on your purchase and installation costs.
Compare UK VoIP Suppliers and Save with Approved Index.
Also on this page:
Summary: 4Com are a specialist provider of business telephone solutions. They are one of the UK’s fastest growing telecommunication companies and for the past five years have been named in the Sunday Times best companies to work for.
4Com have a dedicated UK-based call centre with highly trained staff available to take your call whenever required. They also have support engineers based throughout the UK ready to react at a moment’s notice.
Suitable for: 4Com cater comprehensively for businesses of all sizes.
As well as offering unique, client-focused, telephone systems 4Com also provide the necessary software to back it up. This for anything from tracing call logs, monitoring performance or providing team training. This is perfect for businesses of all sizes and 4Com’s client portfolio includes businesses from up to 10 staff to those with well over 1000.
Standout features of 4Com’s telephone systems include:
- Custom Controls: Create a lasting and positive impression on your customers with customisable Voicemail and Hold messages.
- Analytics: All the tools you need to continually grow and improve your business with Call Recording and Reporting functionality.
- Computer telephony integration: Start off conversations as you mean to go on with rapport-building reminders available on your screen- such a name, call history and location- from the first ring. This can be easily set up by connecting your company's CRM platform to 4Com's software./li>
- HiHi hardware: 4Com are also known for creating the exceptional HiHi phone, which has built-in video calling.
To find the provider best suited to your needs use our secure form.
Summary: Through their partnership with Ericsson LG, Lily have a strong presence in the telecommunications market. When it comes to research and development they are spending up to four times as much as their nearest competitor so you can be sure that what you are getting is the best product possible.
Lily claim that 86% of customers reduce their telecommunication spend once they have transferred to a new lily VoIP system; with statistics like that Lily are definitely one to consider when doing your final comparison.
Suitable for:Businesses between with between 1 – 3500 staff, particularly mobile asset workforces, and business who want a turnkey solution, inclusive of internet, device and the phone system.
- Lily’s own VoIP telephone system, Horizon, offers the latest cloud based technology. This will mean not only increased efficiency throughout your business but also a reduction in cost.
- With devices such as laptops and tablets being included in the setup along with standard handset your mobile assets can be streamlined into your existing workforce.
- Lily have built dedicated client base including household names such as Citroen, the NHS and Specsavers. With over 2500 clients to date they have a wealth of experience in providing innovative telecommunications solutions to small businesses.
Summary: 8x8 is the longest established VoIP telephone system provider on this page. As with the majority of other VoIP providers, 8x8 offer multiple plans to suit your business' needs.
- Virtual Office: 8x8's entry-level service will suit a huge range of businesses and is likely to be more than capable of meeting most business' standards.
- Virtual Office Pro: As the name suggests, this option offers clients a little extra. The main features that are added with this are Web Conferencing, Internet Faxing and Call Recording.
Suitable for: This supplier boasts substantial experience working with small, medium and large businesses across a range of industries.
8x8 offers specific plans designed to suit specific business types. Although it is difficult to say which option will be most applicable to you, standout features include:
- Online Call Management: Allow your staff members to better prioritise work and manage internal processes with online call management.
- Call Recording. Call recording allows your staff to learn from their interactions, and develop better relationships with new and old clients. With this feature, your business is able to create a wealth of useful information that can be referred to at a later date.
- Instant Messaging: An efficient way for your employees to communicate. Although not as formal as some other methods, it can be the best way to stay in contact if things need to be done quickly.
- UK Support: 8x8 offers UK support services so that your business can feel confident in the unlikely event of a failure. Not only is the customer service efficient, but it's friendly too.
Get free quotes from 8x8 and other top UK VoIP providers today.
Summary: Vonage is a popular VoIP telephone system provider that offers top-quality service to businesses around the world. Through recent acquisitions Vonage has become a major player in the VoIP market, with the latest figures suggesting that they have upwards of 2.5 million subscribers lines worldwide.
Suitable for: Although they cater to small businesses and individual users, Vonage aim primarily to offer their services to medium sized and enterprise companies.
Vonage’s various plans offer a number of features, although choices and capability will vary from plan to plan. Top features include:
- Multi-Device Transfer: With Vonage, businesses are able to answer calls anytime anywhere, using a wide range of devices.
- Smartphone App: For on-the-go employees the smartphone app makes it even easier to integrate calls into daily activity. Handle your customers' needs 24/7.
- Desktop App: Vonage employs a state-of-the-art desktop app that can be used to synchronise and record contact details. And with just a few mouse clicks, your staff can optimise their telephone processes.
Summary: RingCentral is one of the most popular UK VoIP business phone system providers, with businesses across the world choosing them for their innovative approach and high levels of customer service. Their all-in-one solutions can provide reliably connect your business with everything from apps and software, to top of the range handsets and headsets.
Suitable for: RingCentral's three main plans have been designed to match the needs of any business:
- Standard Plan
- Premium Plan
- Enterprise Plan
- Auto-Receptionist: An automated reception system frees up budget and provides customers and clients with top-quality communication, even out of hours.
- Country by Country Configuration: Allows for hassle-free international dialling.
- Assigned Telephone Numbers: Give staff members their own unique business phone numbers, rather than using only one general office number. Especially useful in sales roles where employees build a relationship with clients and want to retain familiarity.
- Call Recording: Available with the Premium and Enterprise plans, this features allows companies to record calls for monitoring, safety or training purposes.
- Call Management: Allows for easy creation of call processes, as well as helping teams and companies design specific call parameters and rules.
Get free no-obligation VoIP price quotes from providers suited to your business. Simply complete our secure form.
Summary:Rock Networks offer Unified Communications with the ability to integrate fixed line, desktop, mobile and tablet connectivity all in one system. This enables not only your staff to be connected with one another but also your clients and suppliers too, wherever they may be.
The system is the first of its kind to bring together both fixed and mobile networks. It improves both speed and effectiveness of communication by enabling you to take a call on any of your numbers from any device. Offered originally by Vodafone, choosing Rock as your supplier for this VoIP service means you'll benefit from enhanced customer service and support.
Suitable for: Future-thinking businesses of all sizes- planned product enhancements are free of charge to existing customers.
Some of the benefits of Rock Networks’ services are:
- Efficiency: Save time chasing people, travelling to meetings and lost working hours
- Consistency: Get the same high-quality experience wherever you are
- Effectiveness: Hold meetings via web, video and audio at the touch of a button
- Inclusiveness: Include all stakeholders in important discussions wherever they may be
BT - Cloud Voice for Business
Established: 1981, but BT's Cloud Voice VoIP service became available in 2014
Summary: For a while BT stayed away from cloud technology preferring on-premises telephone systems. Although late to the market, having a major player like this involved has got to be a good thing. Since releasing their first system the VoIP industry as a whole has seen a surge in demand. Because of this BT have had to up their game.
Suitable for: Various business sizes.
BT offer three packages, each aimed at business of different sizes. These can be taken out on either a twelve or 24 month contract with pricing being reduced for the latter. The packages are:
BT Cloud Voice for Business offers customer only the features they need rather than paying for a whole package containing things that might never be used. These could include:
- Automatic call routing
- 3-Way calling
- Online portal
- Voicemail to email transcription
- "Hot Desking"/ Portability
Use our quick and secure form to get price quotes and information from multiple VoIP providers at once.
Summary: Sipgate has become a trusted and reliable supplier for businesses looking for VoIP business phone systems. Operating with advanced dashboard processes that allow for a great deal of flexibility and functionality, this supplier is an excellent choice for a range of businesses.
Suitable for: Residential users, Business users, Developers.
Sipgate’s features are available for businesses of all sizes, and can go a long way to improving processes and performance. Although there are a huge number, the list below includes just a few of the most important assets of Sipgate's VoIP:
- Simplicity: Sipgate offers an easy, high-quality service; with the option to set up online and manage your VoIP phone system from there. This option will appeal to a huge number of businesses.
- Flexibility: Sipgate offers all of their products with pay-as-you-go options; this can be a huge benefit for smaller businesses trying out a phone system for the first time.
- Experience: During their time operating, Sipgate has taken on thousands of clients across the UK and Europe. This wide range of experience lends itself to excellent customer service and satisfaction, wherever you are, and whatever your business does.
Summary: With over 60 million end users in over 100 countries Mitel are a serious player when it comes to business communications solutions. Mitel systems are available as an on premises system, via the cloud or as a hybrid of the two.
Suitable for: All business sizes
Mitel have three cloud based systems available as part of MiCloud to cater for businesses of all sizes, these are:
- MiCloud Office
- MiCloud Business
- MiCloud Enterprise
- MiCloud: Mitel have their own cloud based system called MiCloud; this doesn’t require any equipment to be installed except for the phones themselves.
- Up-to-Scratch: MiCloud offers a reliable solution to a fast-paced business that cannot afford any downtime.
- Global: With multiple data centres around the world Mitel’s service always provides full coverage to its users wherever they are. Mitel also have their own mobile app allowing user to make and receive calls on the move.
Let us know your needs to find a reliable VoIP provider and improve your business communications today.
Summary: bOnline were originally established as a web design company specialising in small business solutions. Through logical expansion it has now moved into the market for VoIP business phone systems offering a range of options for businesses of various sizes.
Suitable for: Small businesses
From the outset bOnline have always targeted smaller businesses; their three main packages, each designed with startups and smaller enterprises in mind, are:
- Business 1200
- Business Unlimited
A key selling point of bOnline’s phone systems is their price guarantee, they promise never to be beaten on price and will match any like-for-like quote.
With cloud-based phone systems available from as little as £9/month they are very competitive in the current market when it comes to price.
Various features come as standard with a bOnline VoIP system, the most popular of these include:
- Auto Attendant
- Call transfer (Attended and Blind)
- Group Call
- Internal Calling
- Voice Mail
- Full mobility across multiple devices
Summary: Teliqo is another new business VoIP provider to the market having been around for less than 10 years. Despite having been founded later than many of their competitors though, the company has quickly become an incredibly reliable option, with many clients opting for their services.
Suitable for: Call centres, offices, service buildings- various
Teliqo is an open source solution to VoIP telephony, with unique features that can be of huge benefit to many businesses. Their telephone systems can be accessed by PC or Mac users, and a variety of other mobile systems can also be used.
Given the range of options on offer with this provider, there are a huge range of industries where their hardware and software can be applicable.
Teliqo’s features are designed to work for every business. Whatever your requirements or specifications, it is likely that you will be able to operate very successfully. Below you can find just a few of the features that could help your business:
- Conference Calling: The features on offer with Teliqo are varied - some of the most important though, include things like voice recording, conference calling and voicemail .
- Self-service Portal: Teliqo offers a self-service user portal and system management that can help your business to maximise productivity and functionality.
- Phone Numbers: Whoever has been providing your telephone system previously, with Teliqo you are able to keep the phone number.
Get started with VoIP business phones today using one simple and secure form.
Summary: NFON is another relatively new VoIP phone provider, since coming into business though, the company has quickly become a well respected member of the industry.
NFON relies on its newest IP Centrex technology, which is designed to provider users with telephone system access from a number of internet locations - whether those locations be fixed or mobile.
Suitable for: A range of businesses, with features in each business-size plan that can go a long way to improving customer experience.
NFON’s three plans (in order of increasing business size suitability):
- Business Plus
- Cloud (Hosted) VoIP Phone System: Cloud technology allows for universal access that is not tethered to any specific location or device. This option provides your staff with a much greater variety in accessibility and functionality.
- Flexible Contract: NFON offer a flexible 30-day rolling contract, providing you with greater flexibility. This option is a huge benefit to companies that need a little bit of leeway.
- Click-2-Dial Functionality. This function allows for simpler access to businesses using a telephone system dashboard. This kind of feature provides a great many benefits to staff and businesses.
Let Approved Index help you find the best VoIP Telephone System for your business.
Top Ten VoIP Handsets
Updated 18th May 2018
While each of the providers above will set you up with a VoIP system, you’ll still require compatible handsets to use. If you don’t already have these, or don’t have enough, the below table details the top ten best handsets on the market you might want to consider. Many of these are available from the business VoIP providers direct.
|Product||Image||Features||Total Cost||Monthly Cost|
|Grandstream GXV3275||Up to 6 lines for 6 SIP accounts Privacy shutter for camera Wall mountable||£145||£12.99/month|
|Cisco 8861 IP Phone||5 programmable line keys Two USB Ports for smartphone charging High-resolution 5 inch, widescreen colour display||£215.75||£17.99/month|
|Polycom VVX500||Touch screen 3.5" LCD display 12 programmable memory keys USB headset support||£195||£13.75/month|
|Polycom VVX-601||4.3” LCD touchscreen Bluetooth capability USB ports||£299||£14/month|
|HiHi||High-resolution colour display Video capability Quick search and availability features||£180||£15/month|
|Cisco SPA514G||Supports both VoIP and SIP Dedicated hold, transfer and conference buttons Playback and view personal MP3 files||£114||£9.50/month|
|Cisco SPA525G2||High-resolution colour display 5-line buttons USB mobile charging||£219||£12/month|
|Yealink T41P||27.” LCD display Headset EHS support HD sound quality||£88.50||£7.50/month|
|Panasonic KX-UT123 PoE||Dual 10/100 Ethernet ports Power supply via PoE Headset connector||£100||£8.33/month|
|MiVoice 6930 IP Phone||4.3” colour display Bluetooth capability 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports||£239.99||£20/month|
|Looking for phones like these? Find a VoIP provider to improve your business today.|
Simply let us know what you're looking for using our secure form.
Choosing Your VoIP Phone System Provider
There are a large number of providers offering VoIP for small business on the market today, each with competitive pricing and packages available. However, price should not be the only factor that you consider when selecting which supplier to provide your new system.
ExperienceIt is worth looking into the experience level of each company. Try to choose a company that is well established and has a history of good, efficient service.
TrainingWhen speaking to your potential provider, ask whether they will offer training on how to use your new system. Some companies may charge for the training, but many will not.
SupportAll good VoIP providers will offer ongoing support once the Telephone System has been installed. It is important to know what level of support your provider can offer, and how quickly. In the unlikely case that something goes wrong, it is important to know what to do, and that you'll have the experts on hand.
InstallationMost VoIP providers will be able to provide VoIP-ready hardware, but you should check whether your chosen company can also take care of any old cabling in your office as well as the initial setup of the new Telephone System.
Approved Index are here to not only get you the best deal but also the most suitable package for your business. By filling out the form at the top of this page we will match your requirements based on your chosen criteria and put you in touch with the most suitable providers.
Compare UK VoIP Providers Today
The information on this page is designed to give some insight into what various UK VoIP suppliers can offer to your business. Of course, the best way to compare these providers fully, is by getting quotes from each. This is where Approved Index can help.
Our aim is to use your specifications and requirements to offer the most suitable service possible.
All you need to do compare is fill in the form at the top of this page - it’s quick, easy, and it could save you a great deal on your VoIP phone purchase and installation.
Let Approved Index help you find the best VoIP Phone System for your business.